2015-08-25 – Meeting Minutes

TRESA Public Meeting, 7.30pm 25th August 2015, Star and Dove

Attendance & Apologies
Present: Simon Hobeck, Geoff Allan, CJ Jones, Andy McElwee, Suzanne Audrey, Rebecca Mear
Apologies from Nick Walters, Patrick Hulme, John Bowen, Anne Silber
Meeting minutes:

Important to ensure minutes of meetings are publicly available in case Companies House need to verify. These go under the About Us section.

ACTION: ALL to send final version of minutes of meetings to Simon Hobeck to upload onto our TRESA website.

Treasurer’s report (emailed):
Two cheques completed including one for the bug hotel.


Totterdown Sprouting report (emailed):

We need to encourage more people to come and pick the fruit although most of the soft fruit is passed its best now. Apple picking on 26th sept. Anne is trying to see if we can get the apple press from the National Trust but may need a volunteer to go on their training course on Monday 14th Sept at Leigh woods 2-4pm. Anne may not be back from a trip away by then. Training is free.
But there is £20 charge for the apple press which we could cover by selling the juice. We should have loads of apples. Anne will let us know if the NT say yes as it depends on what other bookings they have.

Decision was made to use the Totterdown Sprouting grant currently in bank account to cover the £20 charge.

ACTION – Andy to attend the NT volunteer training on behalf of TRESA on Monday 14 Sept.


Dog poo campaign

Anne Silber emailed to suggest a campaign against dog poo on the streets of the area. Directors to ask Anne if she will lead this, and if so can implement posters (available from councillors) and chalk circles of shame guerrilla style campaign, with words chalked saying “please clear up after your dog.”

ACTION – Anne to confirm if willing to lead it.


Company Secretary’s report

Accounts have been filed with Companies House for the year and are all in good order. Suzanne thanked Geoff for this.


Membership secretary

No application in any boxes in the area for a number of months now. Five members online. Ninety six members in total. Andy was congratulated for achieving this increase. 94 members renew online, 2 manually. CJ offered to liaise with the manual membership request from a resident in Green Street.

ACTION: John Bowen and Rebecca Mear to renew their memberships as soon as possible.
Talk of Totterdown

CJ reported that ToT is on target for issue on 10/09/15, and will go the distribution hubs on 12/09/15. Delivery is working well.
Website

Working well however Simon has to patrol spam content appearing in comments boxes. It was agreed to have a standing agenda item on Communications, including e-TOT, Facebook, Twitter, website, for all to update Simon of upcoming Communications needs.

ACTION: Simon to visit CJ to amend security settings on website.
Totterdown Energy

Simon reported this sub group is quiet due to summer holidays. Had a presence at the Garden Festival and activities which were very well received. Planning on doing thermal imaging for homes using new camera once autumn arrives.

Bristol Green Doors is on September 25/26 and Simon and Andy will both be opening thier homes as part of this. This is the first time Totterdown retro-fitted eco homes have been part of this festival.

Warm Up Bristol – this project has been shambolic and a negative experience for many people. Work has on occasion been shabby. Agreed to feed this back to council on behalf of residents.
Next public meeting – Sept 16th

CJ will request a room in the Star and Dove just for TRESA. A speaker on Sustainable Transport has been invited. Residents’ parking is also to be discussed. Councillors will be attending. Arena consultation will be open by then. Agreed to all remain neutral given potentially controversial topics which may attract more difficult than usual audiences.
Projects

Table tennis table has been installed by Ping Bristol in Oxford Square. TRESA applied for this, but if it is damaged we are not liable.

Stanley Hill Monthly Street Party – this is the new name for Playing Out. It is going well and much easier to attract enough volunteers now on a monthly basis.

Stanley Hill rat run campaign – Council has indicated it will close off at Angers Road. Agreed next focus is preventing drivers skipping the No Entry sign to come up Summer Hill to turn onto Fredrick St if Angers Road turning is closed off. Creating a bung effect on Summer Hill will be the priority for the UWE urban planning students’ project, starting in October, to prevent this.

ACTION: Suzanne to liaise with UWE urban planning lead.
Fundraising

Discussed the Awards for All grant application, to be themed around Playing Outside for all.

ACTION: Rebecca to draft based on discussions.
AOB:
Gates procured from another community area. These can be installed on Zone A. Ask Greenwoods to sponsor installation? Could ask artist to bid for the work. Will take place in Spring 2016 after winter.
October Directors meeting: