2015-10-18 – Meeting Minutes

TRESA Public Meeting, 7.30pm 18th October 2015, Star and Dove

1. Attendance and apologies
Attendees: TRESA Directors: Suzanne Audrey, Simon Hobeck, Carolyn Jones, Andrew McElwee, Geoff Allan, John Bowen, Anne Silber
Apologies in advance from: Patrick Hulme, Nick Walters, Rebecca Mear
2. Welcome and actions from last meeting
Suzanne Audrey, Chair, welcomed everyone to the meeting.
Confirmed minutes are now being added to the website by SH
3. TRESA Directors reports
Membership secretary
Confirmed we have 104 paid members of TRESA.
Majority memberships now coming on via online/paypal. Nothing in postboxes. These are however useful in case of future correspondence and questionnaires etc
Company secretary
Nothing to report.
Treasurer
As of 15.10.15 bank balance of £7414.30.
To add to that we have £50 in map sales and £68 + £10 ad revenue.
Expenses to be paid out
Seeded meadow – BCC £110
Totterdown Sprouting and Totterdown Energy minor expenses.
Talk of Totterdown
Next issue due out early November. SA away so liaise with other directors re distribution.
Advertisers invoicing  – in discussions with Treasurer. Start consecutive numbering system and resend invoices to Treasurer to match with payments received.
Payment of print invoices to Doveton. SA has now paid, they had incorrect address but should all now come to JB.
Action: Ensure all ex directors are taken off supplier lists as far as possible.
Website
All good, no problems to report.
Totterdown Sprouting
Herb beds are surviving but still difficult to maintain – however they are appreciated by members of the public and even seen people weeding up there sometimes!
The community orchard is thriving.  Apple picking/pressing on 26 September was very successful with around 20 people of ages helping out. Future works will include pruning and tidy up around February.
Wassail 2016 – date set for Sat 9 Jan 2pm.
Totterdown Energy
Successful Bristol Green Doors day with 2 directors opening their homes. People attended from across the city as well as Totterdowners.
Hope to start thermal imaging surveys as weather gets colder. This may be something that can be promoted in an issue of TOT/ebulletin.
Action: SH to look at drafting text for promotion.
Metal trees are nearly ours!!! SH/AM have been actively pursuing project to reuse old metal trees from Easton allotments. Delivery to Totters is imminent! Now need to investigate costs and requirements re setting them on Zone A. CJ suggested that Ben Howells (local structural engineer) might be able to offer useful advice. She also thought Greenwoods would be an ideal match re possible funding of some of the costs.
Action: CJ to put SH in touch with Ben Howells. CJ contact Greenwoods to discuss possible participation. SH research if any local workmen could be used once we understand the requirements more fully.
Planning
* Bristol Arena and Arena Island
TRESA will continue to monitor developments. Good uptake of locals registering views/offering feedback
* Bathwell Road – 4 storey development
TRESA submitted objection on grounds of overdevelopment, cycle parking provision, effect on views of church and design totally out of place with the surrounding vernacular.
* Proposals for light assisted crossing to be changed to zebra crossing on St Lukes Road
Some concern from residents regards safety of pedestrians, giving speeding vehicles not adhering to 20mph. SA to progress re possible objection.
SH suggested that we should also suggest a second crossing is provided from the bottom of the steps to the park.
* Derelict shops by Bristol Women’s Workshop
AOB
* Fly tipping by St Lukes steps. Councillors and Windmill Hill N Partnership have been made aware of the problem.
* Goolden St – Guinness Trust proposal for social housing. TRESA will keep a watching brief.
* Pavement condition by Banco/Patco up to Lilymead Ave – raised and dangerous.  According to national footpaths survey this would be classed as “aesthetically impaired”, but SH suggested that should be recategorised as “functionally impaired” given all the raised ironworks. He is pursuing the issue with Cllr Deb Joffe/Neighbourhood partnership.
* Speakers for future meetings
Poss regarding planning and how residents can best object to applications.
Action: CJ investigate poss speaker. Also re online comments Conservation Area status.
Issue of Japanese knotweed, Himalayan Balsam etc
Action: SH investigate poss speaker.
Next meeting
The next public meeting TBC in January or February at the Star and Dove.