2017-02-15 – Meeting Minutes

TRESA Directors Meeting, 7.30pm 15th February 2017, Star & Dove

Attendance
Present: Simon Hobeck; Rebecca Mear; Linn Waite; CJ Jones; Andy McElwee, Geoff Allen, Nick Walters
Apologies: John Bowen, Suzanne Audrey, Anne Silber.

Minutes of previous meeting
The minutes of the public meeting for January 2017 were agreed.

Directors Updates

Treasurer
JB not attending but has stated all in progress and nothing to report.

Company Secretary
GH confirmed has updated the details at Companies House. All other relevant paperwork in progress.

Membership Secretary
Membership stands at 108 paid members.

Craftisan is now home to TRESA postbox instead of Gaines – please note for next issue of Talk of Totterdown

Web editor
New website up and running well with no major issues reported; Simon can train directors on how to use website.

Talk of Totterdown
Next edition due out end Feb. Totterdown Energy will sponsor it. All in hand and thanks to directors for their editorial contributions.

CJ will be taking over the e-ToT monthly collation and distribution from Nick – to meet with SH to work on template and logistics. Likely now next e-bulletin will be March/April.

CJ keen to catch up with JB to confirm any outstanding invoices.

Projects

Sprouting
Monday morning sessions ongoing for Garden Club. Sometimes few attendees and query whether a Friday morning might be better. Will monitor attendance.

Orchard – Tesco “Back to health” funding application submitted by SH.

Query re pruning of apple trees at Zone A – will ask AS to confirm when best to go ahead.

Stanley Hill/Angers Road
Still chasing James Dowling @ BCC for Highways update. Also re other otpions for road calming measures as we need to understand next steps for TRESA if there are any hold ups. RM will provide update for ToT.

Zone A
Ownership: TRESA is still awaiting decision by TACA trustees on any potential transfer of the land to TRESA ownership. Will ask SA to chase this one.

MOSAIC ‘celebration’ could be around 5 March to coincide with litter pick weekend. Need to get input from SA on her preference, invite to Lavender Broom to officially preside, and also poss involvement of Greenwoods (donation for tea and cakes) and other local businesses.

Multicultural Totterdown
Book has been promoted in ToT. Do we now need further publicity/posters? SA to confirm.

Zone N
Plans being made for Zone N are looking positive. Still have a small amount of money (c £3k) to spend on improvements to the area. A local landscape architect is providing a design and once complete we can consult with local people on what they might prefer. Also look at applying for other grants to fund as required.

SH has a meeting with Parks Manager from BCC to get his sign off re maintenance of the area.

AOB

Totterdown Centre
TRESA submitted an application for it to be an “asset of community value” officially under Localism Act. Application was rejected – most likely due to number of private residences in the development.

There will be renovation of former Chinese takeaway as a retail unit – TRESA could help promote space but little else we can do at present. SH will advise Bristol Women’s Workshop of situation.

Future meetings
Speakers as follows:

  • Mar – CASS and funding
  • May – Bristol Civic Society
  • July – UWE on air quality / AGM
  • Nov – possibly ask UoB to present Temple Quarter Development proposals.

20mph limit on St Lukes Road
BCC is considering some of the 20mph zones and whether these should remain. Discussion amongst TRESA Directors is that overall we are convinced that 20mph is the correct speed limit for this sort of road in a residential area. Particularly given the number of people who cross the road to get to and from the park.

Neighbourhood Partnerships – funding cut
TRESA remains committed to maintaining a close relationship with Avon and Somerset Police and will ask them to provide updates for meetings and newsletter.

Some concerns regarding distribution of grants – SH will ask what proposals are in terms of handling grants for the future.

Bristol Waste Management application re longer working hours
TRESA will formally oppose this application due to impact on those living on that side of Totterdown who are impacted by noise.

Cycle path across Victoria Park
A large response to cycling campaign regarding Filwood cycle way and route across the park. Views on both sides regarding the key issues of segregated use and width of paths, and BCC have now gone back to the drawing board to draw up new options. SA is representing TRESA at a meeting tonight and will report back.

Directors feel that it is important that TRESA is seen to be a positive force for change, we listen to options and will not object to any changes for the sake of objecting but we do need to fully understand what the options are.

 

Meeting close

Next public meeting scheduled for Weds 15th March 2017 at Star & Dove.