2017-10-18 – Meeting Minutes

TRESA Directors meeting, 7.30pm 18th October 2017, The Shakespeare

1 – Opening

a. Apologies
Present: Anne Silber (AS), Simon Hobeck (SH), Becky Mear (RM), Suzanne Audrey (SA), Carolyn Jones (CJ), Geoff Allan (GA), John Bowen (JB).
Apologies: Linn Waite (LW) , Nick Walters (NW)

b. Previous minutes
Previous minutes approved.

 

2. Directors reports (3 mins each)

a. Treasurer (inc Breakdown Table)
Current balance at Co-op Bank was £8,444.32.
Internet banking being set up. Proposed that SH, SA, CJ and GA should hold digital security tokens for access to account.

b. Company secretary
No items to report.

c. Membership secretary
Number of paid up members currently 96.

d. Web Editor
No items to report.

e.Talk of Totterdown / eToT
Next issue is on track.

 

3. Projects

a. Totterdown Sprouting
AS reported that the Gardening Club was going well. Tesco were being supportive.

Feedback from Stanley Hill residents was that there had been positive changes in traffic since installation of planters.
Options for planters – they could be replaced with ones made of better quality wood. AS suggested
looking at gradual programme of replacement. It would be good if an individual and/or residents
would adopt individual planters and take over responsibility for them. Too much for AS to manage
on her own.

Storage shed – £1000 has been received. Can go towards purchase of a new shed and wood to
replace planters, and some tools. CJ will ask Womens’ Workshop if they can assist. The cost to be
split between Sprouting and Playing out.

b. Angers Rd/ Stanley Hill
No news at present. Need to wait for Council’s to clarify their new procurement framework.

JB raised the need for more traffic enforcement of the one way system in Totterdown. Desirable but
no practicable means of enforcement available.

c. Zone A
SA had been chasing TACA regarding ownership but no news presently. Still need to sort out legal position with them.  SA will continue to chase.

Litter Pick scheduled for 10 a.m. on 22 October 2017.

d. Multicultural Totterdown
SA is trying to progress. Need to chase up various potential participants.

e. Zone N
SH and Clare had wanted to get a work party before the Art Trail but nothing to report as yet.
£1000 is available, but it is a question of finding the most cost-effective way of using it to install
suitable play equipment.

 

4. Planning

a. Bath Road proposed development,
SH reported that she has been in touch with Nicola Beech, head of planning at Bristol City Council, but no real progress is being made beyond feasibility studies.
WECA has been given money for a feasibility study.
CJ reported that she had been to an Action for Balanced Cities meeting. Membership is open to
anyone. Joining such other community groups could be a way to strengthen TRESA’s hand and
improve conditions for residents. CJ will circulate details.

b. University of Bristol
The proposed development will be the subject of TRESA’s public meeting on Weds 15 November 2017 at Hillcrest School. Confirmation is awaited that a representative from the University will attend. As regards a guest speaker, SH to chase up.

As regards the structure of the meeting, it was suggested that there be a panel to lead discussion,
and a clear agenda would be needed.

The University will need to ensure that Hillcrest invoices them. There will need to be enough adult
chairs available. SH to contact the University to ask then to organize chairs.

RM will ask Jon Wellington if he will chair the meeting. If not, SH will do so.

Councillors from neighbouring wards should be invited, as well as relevant MP’s.
It will be useful to identify key issues in the agenda.

c. Bathwell Rd application
This has been rejected again

d. Bristol Waste application
Objections have been lodged.


5. AOB

a. Totterdown Centre
Refurbishment is under way but it is uncertain at present who will occupy it. SA is to work with the
owners to organize a window display pending occupation.

b. Continuous pavement
This is a means of giving priority to pedestrians over vehicles at road junctions, as installed at the
junction of Welsh Back and Redcliffe Way. There is potential for this to be applied in Totterdown. SA
has been looking into it with the Council.

c. Air Quality
The Council is likely to introduce clean air zones and emissions charging. Nearly all of Totterdown is
within the Council’s proposed air quality management zone. The Council will be likely to have to
start charging drivers, in a similar to London’s controlled emissions zone. TRESA’s role will be to
communicate the issues rather than to advocate any particular scheme.

 

6. Close

a. Next Meeting
Public meeting scheduled for 19:30 Weds 15th November.
Held at Hillcrest School
Presentation/guest speaker: University of Bristol TQEC team

b. Close meeting
Meeting closed at 21:30