Bristol City Council is responsible for the funding and management of Public Health in Bristol. The Council is proposing to make an additional £2m cuts in spending over the next two years.
They want your views on how they could make these savings. The services affected will be:
• Adults’ Weight Management Services
• Alcohol Brief Advice
• Children’s Weight Management Services
• NHS Health Checks Service
• Sexual Health Services, including Chlamydia Screening
• Stop Smoking Services
• Substance Misuse Services (Shared Care).
Public Health is responsible for helping people to maintain good health by creating environments that help people to be more active and live healthy lives, reducing the risk of developing a range of medical conditions. Public Health services are not the same as NHS services.
You can find out more and take the survey by following this link.
The survey closes on Thursday 2 May.