TRESA is represented on Bristol Walking Alliance (BWA) . Individuals can join too. Membership is open to any individual who, or organisation which, supports the aims of the Alliance. There is no membership fee. If you would like to become a member of BWA, join here. By joining you will receive occasional emails with updates of BWA activities and events.
BWA election asks
Bristol Walking Alliance has written to the candidates in the Bristol Mayor election in May, encouraging them to include walking-friendly policies in their manifestos. Read more.
Current council/WECA initiatives
We welcome the views of all BWA members on any of the following initiatives. If you have a point to make, just email email@example.com.
- LCWIP – consultation till 15th March. BWA will be responding.
- Bus Strategy – consultation till 15th March.
- Old City – proposal to restrict vehicles during core shopping hours – consultation till 20th March. See announcement and consultation.
- Bedminster Green – community engagement till 23rd March
Proposals for routes for public transport, walking and cycling, parking, public realm
- School Streets – a pilot programme – two schools so far.
- no-idling action – initially a pilot project till the end of March 2020. A programme of events, action days and advertisements.
Temple Campus: BWA has submitted comments on the University of Bristol’s planning application for the new campus behind Temple Meads station. See BWA web post.
Railway Path proposals: BWA commented on Sustrans proposals for changes to the Bristol Bath Railway Path. More details on our website. Since then, the proposals have been further revised – more details on this Sustrans web page.
Liveable Neighbourhoods: a small group of individuals is meeting to consider how best to press for Liveable (or Low-Traffic) Neighbourhoods to be implemented in Bristol. If you are interested in being involved, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Walk Fest: BWA will be putting on an event and walks in Bristol’s Walk Fest in May. More details in the next ebulletin.
BWA is on Twitter! Follow us at @AllianceWalking