Information on traffic management change
The next significant change to the Temple Gate traffic management will be installed on the night of Monday 22nd April 2019 (between 19:00 and 06:00) and will be open to traffic from 06:00 on Tuesday 23rd April 2019. This traffic management switch will be as per the final road layout and below plan:
· Temple Street will remain closed until the end of June 2019 for the completion of District Heating Main (DHM) works.
· Redcliff Mead Lane footway works will be completed in mid-May 2019, with the road closure being maintained for the DHM installation works to Broughton House.
· A pedestrian route through the middle of the site is not feasible for the first 10 weeks of the traffic management switch. This will be assessed once in place and works are completed, to identify safe/suitable pedestrian routes through the site.
In order to install the change, and two new temporary signal junctions, closures are planned for overnight on Wednesday 17th and Monday 22nd April 2019. This will be between the hours of 19:00 and 06:00. The required lane/road closures during these periods will be as follows:
· Temple Gate south bound will be reduced to a single lane (this shall provide left in/left out access to/from Temple Meads Station).
· Temple Gate north bound full closure from the junction with Bath Bridges to the junction with Temple Way.
· Victoria Street (north and south bound) – full closure from the junction with Temple Gate to the junction with Counterslip (note: Counterslip will remain open, access maintained for local businesses and taxi turning area in front of Novotel will be provided).
· Redcliffe Way (east and west bound) – full closure from the Temple Gate junction to the junction with Redcliffe roundabout.
We are sorry for any inconvenience caused and will update you if there are any confirmed changes to the current programme.
• For full scheme information, visit www.bristoltemplequarter.com/gate
• If you have a query, please contact email@example.com in the first instance
• In emergencies, please contact 07894788084 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Temple Gate project team