2019-02-20 – Meeting Minutes

TRESA directors meeting, 7.30pm 20th February 2019, The Shakespeare

1 – Opening

a. Apologies
Present: Geoff Allan (Chair), Carolyn Jones, Simon Hobeck, Michelle Clare-Hudson, Anne Silber,
Apologies: Nick Walters, Linn Waite, Claire Radford, Suzanne Audrey

b. Previous minutes
The minutes of the previous meeting were approved.

 

2. Directors Business

a. Membership secretary’s report
103 members and 13 friends have paid.

b. Treasurers report
Total funds £11,802.87.
Latest payments made for Sprouting bulbs in Totterdown Square.

c. Company secretary’s report
No actions needed at this stage.

d. Web editor’s report
Running fine at the moment.

e. Talk of Totterdown
Spring 2019 issue focussed around sustainability was well received.
Summer issue likely to be ready for delivery around April or May.
Plan is to include an insert with the questionnaire for local residents on TRESA priorities.

 

4. Projects

a. Totterdown Sprouting
Zone A work party went well with path being cleared and a good turn out of support (despite the snow).
Orchard work party was also successful and achieved lots of important jobs.
Future work parties to be planned for both Zone A and Orchard.

b. Stanley Hill rat-run
No news.

c. Zone N
No further news.
Still awaiting council to start work.

d. Zone A
Advice received from UWE law students.
No new details bu the research is ongoing.
Still have concerns about finding trustees to take on the role.

e. Air Quality
GA to check the air monitor at Holy Nativity is still working as it does not show on the LuftDaten website.
AS and SH to meet to discuss the position of air monitor at The Thunderbolt.

f. Planning
SH and SA attended an event organised by the council for redeveloping St Phillips.  It was an interesting event but only capturing thoughts from local residents.
TRESA to keep aware on local developments and will feed comments to the consultation to prevent large amounts of towers being constructed.

The development by Crossman at the site on Goolden Street, is having issues with some of the land and border with the Con Club.

5. A.O.B

a. Future speakers for public meetings
Police attending the next public meeting in March.  SH to check if Jon Wellington can also attend to field questions relating to council enforcement.

SH to produce poster for event and start publicising the meeting.

 

6. Close

a. Next Public Meeting
The next public meeting is Wednesday 20th March 2019.

b. Close meeting
Meeting closed at 21:30