2019-12-18 Meeting minutes

Minutes of the TRESA directors meeting, Wednesday 18 December 2019 at 7.30 pm

Present: Geoff Allan (Chair and Company Secretary), Suzanne Audrey (Vice-Chair), Nick Walters, Simon Hobeck (Treasurer), Anne Silber (Membership Secretary), Michelle Clare-Hudson

Apologies:  Carolyn Jones, Claire Radford

1. Minutes of the previous meeting

Agreed.

Action point: AS to develop scenarios relating to Clean Air Zone and send them with queries to air.quality@bristol.gov.uk

2. Directors’ Reports

  • Treasurer: Funds currently at £11,074.14
  • Company Secretary: A letter has been received from the Charity Commission querying whether or not TRESA is a charitable organisation. Geoff to respond.
  • Membership Secretary: 92 members, 13 friends. A way of increasing membership may be to investigate whether local businesses would give perks to TRESA TRESA also to investigate ways to increase attendance at meetings.
  • Web Editor: The website is functioning well. SA asked about putting an article about the airport expansion, supporting a debate over the pros and cons of expansion. Agreed.
  • Talk of Totterdown: CJ has submitted timetable of dates. Next deadline is 17 January 2020 for February issue. Money for advertising to be put through SH’s letterbox. CJ to be informed that we have agreed to cut down the print run to 2,300.

 3. Projects

  • Sprouting: Tree planting has taken place. 1 x Zone A, 2 x School Road park. Plans to put more in School Road park. Trees also planted on St Johns Lane verge. A replacement apple tree to be purchased for the community orchard.
  • SA to ask Places for People about removal of trees.
  • Date for Wassail: Saturday 18 January 2020, 11.00am (tidy up Friday 17th if necessary)
  • Stanley Hill: A Bristol City Council officer has been appointed. Meeting in January with local people.
  • Zone A: Tidy up to be organised. Baubles have been put up for Christmas.
  • Zone N: Plans are available and money has been allocated but there has been no-one to take it forward. SH has had an email re backlog of projects and is meeting an officer on site tomorrow (19th December).
  • Air quality: Luftdaten data is still being collected. SH to produce a report on available data.

4. Planning

Ongoing saga of the dropped kerbs not being provide by developer at Winton Lane. SH to chase up the FOI request.

5. Future speakers

  • Mayoral Hustings in March. Three Mayoral candidates have confirmed: Tories, Greens and LibDems. Not sure if Marvin Rees will attend yet.
  • Speaker for TRESA’s January meeting. GA to invite Cllr Kye Dudd to talk about Wells Road bus route/Clean Air Zone/access to Temple Quarter. If Cllr Dudd is unable to attend, the meeting will take the form of a general discussion about TRESA’s activities and progress.
  • MC-H to invite woman who has taken over ‘Amba House’ to speak about her plans for the building.

6. TRESA survey

This will be hard copy in the Talk of Totterdown February 2020 edition and online survey. NW to coordinate both versions. Hard copy to be posted in TRESA post boxes e.g. Patco, Tesco, Fox & West.

7. O.A.B

No idling training. GA and SA to attend in January.

VPAG incidents. Police are aware and are compiling evidence.

8. Date of next public meeting

Wednesday 15th January at Totterdown Canteen.