So, we roll round to that time of year again when Totterdown buzzes with art and activity, as the annual FRONT ROOM Arts Trail celebrates creativity in many forms. Lots to see and do – in houses, pubs, churches and cafes, as well as random activities in the streets. In the latest issue we offer a preview of some of this year’s FRONT ROOM happenings.
Welcome new businesses into our community…
- Amba house, features in ‘Behind the Door’. A great community resource with lots going on – from pilates to Bollywood classes.
- Newcomer ‘bloop’, offers planet friendly home and bodycare products. A sustainable gem, we look forward to finding out more in a future issue.
- We are also intrigued by newly opened Yogmandala next to Patco on Wells Road – a yoga and naturopathy wellness centre which hosts an astonishing variety of wellbeing treatments.
Congratulations also to established businesses…
- Tangent books celebrates its 15th anniversary as a radical book publisher. Do take a look at their website www.tangentbooks.co.uk for an amazingly diverse range of literature. There’s a 20% discount available with the code…!
- Eat Your Greens celebrates two awards. Best Café in the Crumbs Awards 2019 and runners up in the ‘Best Sunday Lunch’ category in the prestigious Observer Food Awards 2019. An outstanding achievement, well deserved, and actually no surprise to those of us who have been wowed by their breakfasts, brunches, lunches and dinners since we welcomed them to Totters in Spring 2018.
Thanks to all our businesses, community activists, residents and all round good eggs who make Totterdown such a great place to live.
Enjoy the best, right on your doorstep!
Editor, Talk of Totterdown
Ps looking for a Christmas stocking filler? Pop into the Knowle Constitutional Club for a 2020 calendar at the bargain price of £12 – featuring Vintage Totters!
2020 Talk of Totterdown publication dates and copy deadlines
SPRING 2020 published mid Feb – deadline for copy Friday 17 Jan
SUMMER 2020 published early June– deadline for copy Friday 8 May
AUTUMN 2020 published early Sept – deadline for copy Friday 17 July
WINTER 2020 published early November – deadline for copy Friday 9 October
For editorial, advertising and general enquiries email email@example.com