Work on the Temple Gate scheme started on 26 June 2017 and is due to finish in Autumn 2019.
New paving on Friary pedestrian area New bus stop construction on Temple Way
New and updated:
· NEW: Victoria Street inbound has reopened to traffic.
· NEW: New paving on the Friary and wall construction continuing.
· NEW: Temple Gate north footway lighting column installation completed.
· UPDATED: Temple Gate centre reservation stone wall construction completed.
· NEW: New permanent traffic signals installed at Bath Bridges/Temple Gate.
· NEW: District heat network connection to council offices at 100 Temple Street near completion.
· NEW: Temple way southbound traffic island near completion.
· NEW: Redcliffe Way south side footway construction near completion.
Ongoing restrictions and changes to access:
· Redcliffe Mead Lane construction ongoing and closed to vehicle access (at junction with Redcliffe Way).
· Temple Street has reopened to permit holder vehicles accessing 100 Temple Street car park. The previous access to the 100 Temple Street car park via Canynge Street has been permanently closed. Pedestrian and step-free access to the building will be maintained as usual.
· The traffic is running as per the final road layout however lane closures remain in place and therefore capacity is reduced compared to the final scheme arrangement.
- The southbound bus stops outside Engine Shed (Te and Tf) have been permanently closed. All services that previously called at these stops, with the exception of the 904 Brislington Park & Ride, have been reallocated to the newly constructed southbound bus stop on Temple Gate (between Station Approach and Cattle Market Road). The 904 Brislington Park & Ride service will call at Redcliffe Way and will no longer stop on Temple Gate.
- The Friary, from its junction with the roundabout to the turning into the Temple Quay car park, will remain closed for the duration of the works programme. Access to the Temple Quay car park shall be maintained via Temple Back East. Please note that there will be no impact to the existing access to the Temple Meads Station car park, which is via the Temple Meads approach ramp, and exit from the same will be maintained via the Friary.
- Pedestrian diversions around the works site, with some crossing facilities relocated. These are signposted on site.
- Lane closures and/or reduced lane widths continue on Temple Way, Bath Road, Bath Bridges, Victoria Street, Redcliffe Way and Temple Gate.
- No vehicular access to the land between the Grosvenor Hotel and George & Railway buildings.
- Closure of all cycle lanes through the area due to the reduced road space available during the works.
• For full scheme information, visit www.bristoltemplequarter.com/gate
• If you have a query, please contact email@example.com in the first instance
• In emergencies, please contact 07894788084 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Temple Gate project team