Work on the Temple Gate scheme started on 26 June 2017 and is due to finish in Autumn 2019.
New bus stops on Redcliffe Way and Victoria Street are now open and operational.
Work is progressing on the Brunel Mile.
Anti-skid surfacing to be installed at Temple Gate
The next stage of the Temple Gate project will see High Friction Surfacing (HFS) installed at junctions and on bus lanes from Monday 30 September. To help minimise disruption, the work is scheduled to take place overnight, with shifts planned from 8pm to 6am, Monday to Friday, until 12 October. The work is weather dependent so the current programme is subject to change. This treatment must be installed at least four weeks after the previous stage of surfacing works to ensure it fully adheres to the road. Full details of the closures and any updates to the planned works will be published on the Temple Quarter website.
Redcliffe Way pedestrian crossings
From Friday 27 September, the temporary crossing currently positioned midway along Redcliffe Way will be removed. Pedestrians are directed to use either the new permanent signalised crossing at the Temple Gate junction or the zebra crossing by Redcliffe roundabout. If using the Redcliffe Way/Temple Gate crossing, please follow the diversion via Brunel Mile and the new bus stop on Redcliffe Way.
Ongoing restrictions and changes to access:
Redcliffe Mead Lane construction ongoing and closed to vehicle access (at junction with Redcliffe Way).
Temple Street has reopened to permit holder vehicles accessing 100 Temple Street car park. The previous access to the 100 Temple Street car park via Canynge Street has been permanently closed. Pedestrian and step-free access to the building will be maintained as usual.
The traffic is running as per the final road layout however lane closures remain in place and therefore capacity is reduced compared to the final scheme arrangement.
The latest information on bus stops and service information can be found on the Temple Quarter website.
- The southbound bus stops outside Engine Shed (Te and Tf) have been permanently closed. All services that previously called at these stops, with the exception of the 904 Brislington Park & Ride, have been reallocated to the newly constructed southbound bus stop on Temple Gate (between Station Approach and Cattle Market Road). The 904 Brislington Park & Ride service will call at Redcliffe Way and will no longer stop on Temple Gate.
- The Friary, from its junction with the roundabout to the turning into the Temple Quay car park, will remain closed for the duration of the works programme. Access to the Temple Quay car park shall be maintained via Temple Back East. Please note that there will be no impact to the existing access to the Temple Meads Station car park, which is via the Temple Meads approach ramp, and exit from the same will be maintained via the Friary.
- Pedestrian diversions around the works site, with some crossing facilities relocated. These are signposted on site.
- Lane closures and/or reduced lane widths continue on Temple Way, Bath Road, Bath Bridges, Victoria Street, Redcliffe Way and Temple Gate.
- No vehicular access to the land between the Grosvenor Hotel and George & Railway buildings.
- Closure of all cycle lanes through the area due to the reduced road space available during the works.
- For full scheme information, visit www.bristoltemplequarter.com/gate
- Plan your journey using www.travelwest.info and www.roadworks.org
- If you have a query, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance
- In emergencies, please contact 07894788084 or email@example.com
Temple Gate project team