Work on the Temple Gate scheme started on 26 June 2017 and is due to finish by Autumn 2019.
New layout on Temple Circus gyratory
New and updated:
· NEW: Temple Gate (Yurt Lush to Café Gusto) footway completed.
· NEW: The Friary north footway is now complete.
· NEW: Bath Bridges road marking completed.
· NEW: Various overnight closures took place on Bath Road between 13th and 16th August for anti-skid works (picture below).
· NEW: There are lane closures on Clarence Road and the north side U-turn for approximately eight weeks. This is for the new footway and road construction.
· NEW: Temple way north bound will be closed overnight on Monday 20th of August (19:00-06:00) for traffic light trench excavation.
· NEW: Redcliffe way east bound will be closed overnight on Tuesday 21st & Wednesday 22nd of August (19:00-06:00) for deep drainage works.
· UPDATED: Installation of new traffic signals to Bath Bridges south side were completed end of July.
· UPDATED: Redcliffe Mead Lane is currently closed for District Heating Main (DHM) works and is due to re-open in September 2018.
Ongoing restrictions and changes to access:
· Temple Street is closed. Access to the 100 Temple Street car park will be maintained via Canynge Street, and pedestrian and step-free access to the building will be maintained as usual. I’ve moved this from above section as ongoing.
· The traffic lights at the bus gate on Redcliffe Way have been turned off and the bus gate island has been removed, with eastbound traffic narrowed to one lane. Lane closures are in place on Redcliffe Way and all eastbound traffic is running in the bus lane. The Redcliffe Way pedestrian crossing has been closed, and the pedestrian crossing further up Redcliffe Way (in front of 100 Temple Street) has been re-opened to make up for this.
· The traffic running around the Temple Gate roundabout has been shifted to the outside lanes (with no loss of roundabout capacity). This change is clearly marked on site.
- The southbound bus stops outside Engine Shed (Te and Tf) have been permanently closed. All services that previously called at these stops, with the exception of the 904 Brislington Park & Ride, have been reallocated to the newly constructed southbound bus stop on Temple Gate (between Station Approach and Cattle Market Road). The 904 Brislington Park & Ride service will call at Redcliffe Way and will no longer stop on Temple Gate.
- The Friary, from its junction with the roundabout to the turning into the Temple Quay car park, will remain closed for the duration of the works programme. This will allow deep drainage works to be carried out and heat networks to be installed. Access to the Temple Quay car park shall be maintained via Temple Back East. Please note that there will be no impact to the existing access to the Temple Meads Station car park, which is via the Temple Meads approach ramp, and exit from the same will be maintained via the Friary.
- Pedestrian diversions around the works site, with some crossing facilities relocated. These are signposted on site.
- Lane narrowing continues on Temple Way, Bath Road, Bath Bridges and Temple Gate.
- No vehicular access to the land between the Grosvenor Hotel and George & Railway buildings.
- Closure of all cycle lanes through the area due to the reduced road space available during the works.
- Closure of the south side of the Temple Circus roundabout to simplify traffic movements during the works. Traffic from the north will no longer be able to turn right into Victoria St from Temple Way and traffic exiting from the Friary will no longer be able to turn right onto Temple Way or straight on to Victoria Street.
• For full scheme information, visit www.bristoltemplequarter.com/gate
• If you have a query, please contact email@example.com in the first instance
• In emergencies, please contact 07894788084 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Temple Gate project team