Thank you for taking the time to read our fifteenth email update on the Temple Gate roadworks. We will be sending one of these updates every month, providing the latest information about changes to the road network and some general information about the scheme. Please feel free to pass this update on to all interested parties.
Work on the Temple Gate scheme started on 26 June 2017 and is due to finish by Autumn 2019.
New and updated:
· NEW: Brunel Mile deep drainage works completed.
· NEW: Bath bridges north bound now has all 3 lanes running.
· NEW: Redcliffe way BNET (fibre optics) diversion completed weekend of 15th/16th September.
· NEW: Pedestrians are making use of the newly completed Victoria Street footway.
· NEW: Redcliffe Way temporary bus gate was completed to improve bus routes/timings through the works and in time for the launch of MetroBus.
· NEW: Victoria Street will be closed (both ways) overnight on Tuesday 25th and Wednesday 26th of September from 20:00 until 05:00. This is to replace the permanent traffic lights and enable the opening of the pedestrian crossing at the Victoria Street junction with Temple Gate.
· NEW: Temple gate water main near completion (see picture below).
· NEW: The Temple Meads ramp (outbound) will have lane 2 closed for approximately six weeks on Monday the 24thSeptember for central island works (subject to sign off from relevant stakeholders).
· NEW: Temple Gate will have lanes 2 and 3 closed overnight on Wednesday 19th and Thursday 20th September (19:30 – 06:00).
· NEW: Clarence Road lane 2 and pedestrian crossing are closed and due to re-open in January 2019.
· NEW: Plot 6/Brunel Mile pedestrian crossing will be closed on the Tuesday 18th September from 19:00 – 01:00 for the removal of high-mast lighting.
Temple Circus kerb line taking shape
Ongoing restrictions and changes to access:
· Redcliffe Mead Lane closure is ongoing for District Heating Main (DHM) works. Currently due to re-open February 2019.
· Temple Street is closed. Access to the 100 Temple Street car park will be maintained via Canynge Street, and pedestrian and step-free access to the building will be maintained as usual.
· The Redcliffe Way pedestrian crossing has been closed, and the pedestrian crossing adjacent to 100 Temple Street has been re-opened to assist pedestrian routes.
· The traffic running around the Temple Gate roundabout has been shifted to the outside lanes (with no loss of roundabout capacity). This change is clearly marked on site.
- The southbound bus stops outside Engine Shed (Te and Tf) have been permanently closed. All services that previously called at these stops, with the exception of the 904 Brislington Park & Ride, have been reallocated to the newly constructed southbound bus stop on Temple Gate (between Station Approach and Cattle Market Road). The 904 Brislington Park & Ride service will call at Redcliffe Way and will no longer stop on Temple Gate.
- The Friary, from its junction with the roundabout to the turning into the Temple Quay car park, will remain closed for the duration of the works programme. This will allow deep drainage works to be carried out and heat networks to be installed. Access to the Temple Quay car park shall be maintained via Temple Back East. Please note that there will be no impact to the existing access to the Temple Meads Station car park, which is via the Temple Meads approach ramp, and exit from the same will be maintained via the Friary.
- Pedestrian diversions around the works site, with some crossing facilities relocated. These are signposted on site.
- Lane narrowing continues on Temple Way, Bath Road, Bath Bridges and Temple Gate.
- No vehicular access to the land between the Grosvenor Hotel and George & Railway buildings.
- Closure of all cycle lanes through the area due to the reduced road space available during the works.
- Closure of the south side of the Temple Circus roundabout to simplify traffic movements during the works. Traffic from the north will no longer be able to turn right into Victoria St from Temple Way and traffic exiting from the Friary will no longer be able to turn right onto Temple Way or straight on to Victoria Street.
• For full scheme information, visit www.bristoltemplequarter.com/gate
• If you have a query, please contact email@example.com in the first instance
• In emergencies, please contact 07894788084 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Temple Gate project team