Work on the Temple Gate scheme started on 26 June 2017 and is due to finish by Autumn 2019.
Temple Gate central reservation kerbs going in
PLEASE NOTE: Upcoming Traffic Management change
A traffic management change is currently planned for Sunday the 21st of October overnight (starting at 8pm). This is planned to be in place until the end of February 2019. The change is being put in place to enable District Heating Main works, utilities diversions and the next phase of construction for the final scheme (including footway and carriageway construction). We are sorry for any inconvenience caused and will update you if there are any confirmed changes to the current programme.
See diversion plan for pedestrians and motorists below:
New and updated:
· NEW: Full closure of Redcliffe Way overnight (20:00-06:00) on the 18th and 19th of October for surfacing works.
· NEW: Eastbound closure of Redcliffe Way overnight (20:00-06:00) on the 21st of October for installation of traffic management.
· NEW: Temple Way, Victoria Street and Redcliffe Way pedestrian crossings are now open.
· NEW: Temple Street District Heating Main (DHM) work has started.
· NEW: Temple Circus gyratory surfacing has started this week.
· UPDATED: District Heating Main (DHM) works on Redcliffe Mead Lane are now complete. However, the closure will remain in place until February 2019 to allow other works to be completed.
· NEW: Plot 6/Brunel Mile pedestrian crossing has been closed to construct a new section of road. This is due to reopen in February 2019.
Ongoing restrictions and changes to access:
· Clarence Road lane 2 and pedestrian crossing are closed and due to re-open in February 2019.
· Temple Street is closed. Access to the 100 Temple Street car park will be maintained via Canynge Street, and pedestrian and step-free access to the building will be maintained as usual.
· The traffic running around the Temple Gate roundabout has been shifted to the outside lanes (with no loss of roundabout capacity). This change is clearly marked on site.
- The southbound bus stops outside Engine Shed (Te and Tf) have been permanently closed. All services that previously called at these stops, with the exception of the 904 Brislington Park & Ride, have been reallocated to the newly constructed southbound bus stop on Temple Gate (between Station Approach and Cattle Market Road). The 904 Brislington Park & Ride service will call at Redcliffe Way and will no longer stop on Temple Gate.
- The Friary, from its junction with the roundabout to the turning into the Temple Quay car park, will remain closed for the duration of the works programme. This will allow deep drainage works to be carried out and heat networks to be installed. Access to the Temple Quay car park shall be maintained via Temple Back East. Please note that there will be no impact to the existing access to the Temple Meads Station car park, which is via the Temple Meads approach ramp, and exit from the same will be maintained via the Friary.
- Pedestrian diversions around the works site, with some crossing facilities relocated. These are signposted on site.
- Lane narrowing continues on Temple Way, Bath Road, Bath Bridges and Temple Gate.
- No vehicular access to the land between the Grosvenor Hotel and George & Railway buildings.
- Closure of all cycle lanes through the area due to the reduced road space available during the works.
- Closure of the south side of the Temple Circus roundabout to simplify traffic movements during the works. Traffic from the north will no longer be able to turn right into Victoria St from Temple Way and traffic exiting from the Friary will no longer be able to turn right onto Temple Way or straight on to Victoria Street.
• For full scheme information, visit www.bristoltemplequarter.com/gate
• If you have a query, please contact email@example.com in the first instance
• In emergencies, please contact 07894788084 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Temple Gate project team