Thank you for taking the time to read our twentieth email update on the Temple Gate roadworks.
Work on the Temple Gate scheme started on 26 June 2017 and is due to finish by Autumn 2019.
- NEW: Clarence Road north side footway construction completed
- NEW: Clarence Road central island cobbling and base course completed and road reopened on 31 March 2019
- NEW: Redcliffe Way central reserve kerbs near completion
- NEW: Temple way south bound traffic island near completion
- NEW: Redcliffe Way footway construction has commenced
- NEW: Temple Gate north footway lighting column installation is in progress
- UPDATED: Temple Gate centre reservation stone wall construction is near completion
- NEW: Temple gate north bound footway has pedestrian management between Clarence Road and Don Giovannis restaurant until approx. May 2019.
- NEW: There will be lane restrictions on Temple Gate southbound from 3 lanes to 2 lanes to facilitate completion of the central reserve from approx. mid-April to early May 2019.
Ongoing restrictions and changes to access:
- Redcliffe Mead Lane construction ongoing and closed to vehicle access (at junction with Redcliffe Way).
- Temple Street is closed. Access to the 100 Temple Street car park will be maintained via Canynge Street, and pedestrian and step-free access to the building will be maintained as usual.
- The traffic running around the Temple Gate roundabout has been shifted to the outside lanes (with no loss of roundabout capacity). This change is clearly marked on site.
- The southbound bus stops outside Engine Shed (Te and Tf) have been permanently closed. All services that previously called at these stops, with the exception of the 904 Brislington Park & Ride, have been reallocated to the newly constructed southbound bus stop on Temple Gate (between Station Approach and Cattle Market Road). The 904 Brislington Park & Ride service will call at Redcliffe Way and will no longer stop on Temple Gate.
- The Friary, from its junction with the roundabout to the turning into the Temple Quay car park, will remain closed for the duration of the works programme. Access to the Temple Quay car park shall be maintained via Temple Back East. Please note that there will be no impact to the existing access to the Temple Meads Station car park, which is via the Temple Meads approach ramp, and exit from the same will be maintained via the Friary.
- Pedestrian diversions around the works site, with some crossing facilities relocated. These are signposted on site.
- Lane narrowing continues on Temple Way, Bath Road, Bath Bridges and Temple Gate.
- No vehicular access to the land between the Grosvenor Hotel and George & Railway buildings.
- Closure of all cycle lanes through the area due to the reduced road space available during the works.
- Closure of the south side of the Temple Circus roundabout to simplify traffic movements during the works. Traffic from the north will no longer be able to turn right into Victoria St from Temple Way and traffic exiting from the Friary will no longer be able to turn right onto Temple Way or straight on to Victoria Street.
- For full scheme information, visit www.bristoltemplequarter.com/gate
- Plan your journey using www.travelwest.info and www.roadworks.org
- If you have a query, please contact email@example.com in the first instance
- In emergencies, please contact 07894788084 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Temple Gate project team