District Heating Main (DHM) installation on Temple Circus roundabout (taken 27.06.18)
New and updated:
· NEW: 1st phase of Redcliffe Way drainage completed.
· NEW: Bath Bridges south bound has lane 4 closed across the bridge, with the right hand inner gyratory closed for 5 weeks, as of 26th June 2018. This is for remedial works on the cobbles.
· NEW: There will be a closure of the Temple Gate north bound lane (lane 3), which is likely to take place from the 5th of July for 12 weeks.
· NEW: The Victoria Street widening has been completed.
· NEW: Resurfacing works will be taking place on York Road and Bath Road over a period of 3 nights on the 10th, 11th and 12th of July.
- NEW: Works will be taking place across the vehicle access to the Engine Shed on Monday 2nd and Tuesday 3rd of July. There will be pedestrian access through the small gate, with emergency access only to vehicles. The access will be closed from 20:00 and open at 06:00.
· NEW: Installation of new traffic signals to Bath Bridges south side to be completed by the end of July.
· NEW: Trial hole works are taking place on Redcliffe Mead lane. As a result of these works, Redcliffe Mead Lane was closed on 25th June, and reopened on 28th June. District Heating Main (DHM) works will result in another closure of Redcliffe Mead Lane, on the 9th of July for a 5 week period.
· UPDATED: Cattle Market Road has now been re-opened following demolition works at the former Royal Mail Sorting Office site (specifically the demolition of the Cattle Market Tavern).
- UPDATED: Temple Way pedestrian crossing is due to be reopened by the end of next week (Friday 6th July).
Ongoing restrictions and changes to access:
· Temple Street is closed. Access to the 100 Temple Street car park will be maintained via Canynge Street, and pedestrian and step-free access to the building will be maintained as usual. I’ve moved this from above section as ongoing.
· The traffic lights at the bus gate on Redcliffe Way have been turned off and the bus gate island has been removed, with eastbound traffic narrowed to one lane. Lane closures are in place on Redcliffe Way and all eastbound traffic is running in the bus lane. The Redcliffe Way pedestrian crossing has been closed, and the pedestrian crossing further up Redcliffe Way (in front of 100 Temple Street) has been re-opened to make up for this.
· The traffic running around the Temple Gate roundabout has been shifted to the outside lanes (with no loss of roundabout capacity). This change is clearly marked on site.
- The southbound bus stops outside Engine Shed (Te and Tf) have been permanently closed. All services that previously called at these stops, with the exception of the 904 Brislington Park & Ride, have been reallocated to the newly constructed southbound bus stop on Temple Gate (between Station Approach and Cattle Market Road). The 904 Brislington Park & Ride service will call at Redcliffe Way and will no longer stop on Temple Gate.
- The Friary, from its junction with the roundabout to the turning into the Temple Quay car park, will remain closed for the duration of the works programme. This will allow deep drainage works to be carried out and heat networks to be installed. Access to the Temple Quay car park shall be maintained via Temple Back East. Please note that there will be no impact to the existing access to the Temple Meads Station car park, which is via the Temple Meads approach ramp, and exit from the same will be maintained via the Friary.
- Pedestrian diversions around the works site, with some crossing facilities relocated. These are signposted on site.
- Lane narrowing continues on Temple Way, Bath Road, Bath Bridges and Temple Gate.
- No vehicular access to the land between the Grosvenor Hotel and George & Railway buildings.
- Closure of all cycle lanes through the area due to the reduced road space available during the works.
- Closure of the south side of the Temple Circus roundabout to simplify traffic movements during the works. Traffic from the north will no longer be able to turn right into Victoria St from Temple Way and traffic exiting from the Friary will no longer be able to turn right onto Temple Way or straight on to Victoria Street.
Please note that there may be in an increase in traffic disruption from Friday 6th July to Sunday 8th July, due to events taking place in Bristol, such as St Pauls Carnival and several cycle rides.
• For full scheme information, visit www.bristoltemplequarter.com/gate
• If you have a query, please contact email@example.com in the first instance
• In emergencies, please contact 07894788084 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Temple Gate project team