1. The FSB Celebrating Small Business Awards recognise the best small businesses and the self-employed from right across the UK – from every sector and industry and from businesses of all ages and all sizes. Organised on a regional basis they are free to enter and are open to all small businesses, whether current FSB members, or not. Find out more and enter here. The South West regional deadline is this Friday, 10 January.
4. A series of Business West workshops is taking place this month at Leigh Court BS8 3RA: Business Planning & Finance on Wednesday 15 (10am – 4pm), more here; Creating a Social Media Strategy on Tuesday 21 (12.30pm – 4.30pm), more here; and a How to be Successful at Selling on Thursday 23 (12.30pm – 4.30pm), more here.
5. The annual Blue Monday event at The Galleries in Broadmead, BS1 3XD on Monday 20 January (12pm–4pm) will showcase numerous local organisations offering support on getting into work and training, money management, housing, physical and mental health, energy efficiency, volunteering and more; see attached.
6. The Centre for Capacity Building & Enterprise Development (CCBED), a social enterprise based in St Paul’s Learning Centre, 94 Grosvenor Rd BS2 8XJ helping to tackle unemployment and underemployment in people aged 19 plus from disadvantaged local communities, offers a series of free week-long courses in Enterprise & Employment (10am – 2pm), the next one of which begins Monday 20 January; click here for more.
7. The Black South West Network (BSWN) are hosting a free-to-attend Black & Asian Business networking event on Thursday 23 January (5.30pm-8pm) at Clarke Willmott, Bath Street BS1 6BA; more here.
8. Feeding the City Start Up is a fully funded 12 month programme that supports sustainable food start-ups across the UK. Successful applicants receive bursaries, and have access to business and food expert advice and training throughout 2020. Find out more at an idea-generating workshop on Thursday 30 January (6pm-9pm) at St Werburghs Community Centre, Horley Rd BS2 9JT; more here.
10. The PopUp Business School is returning to Bristol on Monday 3 February for a free-to-attend ten day course (10am – 3pm) in how to start and run a business; more information and how to book here.
11. Two Back Her Business events, both with a focus on crowdfunding, both taking place on Thursday 6 February at the NatWest Accelerator Hub, Trinity Quay, Avon Street BS2 0PT: 1) A free-to-attend Train the Trainer event (9.30am-1pm) open to business support organisations/enterprise agencies etc; places are likely to be limited so please email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible for more information. 2) A free-to-attend Back Her Business: Turning Ideas into Business event between 5.30pm & 7.30pm; more here.
12. The latest version of our Business Startup & Development toolkit is attached; it can also be accessed here. Any feedback you may have is always welcome.